The five Rotary Clubs in District 5190, Area 4 will host the third "Rotary Community Awards Ceremony" on Wednesday, February 19 at the Foothill Event Center. Winners are being selected and announced in three different categories after all nominees were recognized.
2020 Nominees include:
- Lowell Robinson Business of the Year for 2020: Hansen Bros. Enterprises and Mike Bratton State Farm.
- Citizen: Howard Levine, Doug Moon, Bill Drown and Tom Kellar.
- Volunteer: Kari Stehmeyer, Tina Skrukrud and Linda Miller.
The public is invited to attend and join Rotarians in celebrating these businesses and individuals.
A final winner in each category will be announced that evening.
Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased online at https://m.bpt.me/event/4516959.
The event included dinner and music and showcased Rotary in our community. All five local Rotary Clubs showcased their individual clubs’ activities so non-Rotarians in attendance could gain a better understanding of the differences between the clubs. Nominees were selected based on their philanthropy, community support, and their volunteerism. The Rotary’s 4-Way Test was also part of the criteria used to select the winners.
The Four-Way Test of the things we think, say and do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?